2 Micron filter Assembly Kit to Suit Mazda BT50 / Ford Ranger 2.2L and 3.2L
Kit Supplied with:
- Mounting Bracket
- Filter Assembly
- Mounting Hardware
- Fitting Instructions
Does suit vehicles fitted with a Dual Battery system
Protect Your Vehicle Against Contaminated Fuel
Help protect your fuel system from all forms of contamination and water from your tank.
We recommend the use of a 2micron secondary filter for the following reasons:
Finer filtration provides better quality fuel:
- The use of a primary filter provides no better filtration over the factory system, so unless you’re chasing better factory filter life a primary filter is not going to be of benefit.
In built water trap is placed AFTER factory filter with warning sensors
- If you’re looking for something more to help limit your exposure to water contamination in your fuel, then having a secondary filter assembly with a water trap makes the most sense. It provides a backup layer of security once your factory water alert has notified you to the presence of water.
- If you’re placing it before and your warning light goes off you’re still in exactly the same situation you were in previously without the additional water trap, with the only difference being you may have made it a little further up the road.
- You would only know if a primary filter had water in it if you were to physically check the water trap in the engine bay every trip
Some people sight flow restriction as a reason not to use 2 micron
- As an example, a 1VD Landcruiser v8 engine only needs approximately 160 litres per hour maximum flow, the filters used by BDG can flow at 300 litres per hour – no issues here.
- The concern that this may be restricted as the filter gets “blocked up” is simply evidence of the filter doing its job, if its blocking up a filter imagine what it would be doing to your fuel system